Pages

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

ARTIST'S IMPRESSION

Just recovering now from my trip on the weekend to the Emerging Writers Festival in Melbourne. I just have to say a huge thank you to the organisers for inviting me down to speak, putting me up in a swish hotel (see below) and generally being awesome. I met some wonderful people, some I already knew, some I didn't, and was generally inspired by the whole weekend. Here is a photo montage of my time in Melbourne:


Yeah, so I cried a bit on the flight home but then the captain painted me so I totally looked like a wolf, so I stopped crying. Then I seized control of the plane, because, well, that's what wolfmen do.



One of Melbourne's hidden secrets. This alley contains 12 coffee shops, 34 bars and 29 restaurants. Can you spot them all?



Clearly a fan of Updike.



Book cover design at its very best.



Forget it, Chris...



It's Chinatown.

6 comments:

Tegan said...

As they say in England, I'm well-impressed.

LiteraryMinded said...

You are just so much more clever than me.

Christopher Currie said...

Forget it, Ange. It's Chinatown!

of thieves said...

Hi Christopher -- I bet you didn't realise you had so many die-hard fans in Melbourne. I've never seen such a Q&A session in my life. 48 stories were excellent, well, okay, I can't pretend to have read them all.

Christopher Currie said...

Estelle, it was truly bizarre. Me, a grand piano, framed portraits of the Queen, and forty people wanting to ask me questions. Crazy.

And don't worry, I haven't read all 48 either.

Anonymous said...

I was one of the audience asking questions and I was inspired by your efforts to do some new things. So thanks!