Pages

Saturday, May 24, 2008

LINER NOTES FROM AN ALBUM NOT YET RELEASED

Oh man, where to start? Well, first of all, none of this could have happened without the support of that crate thing I sat on that day when those fighter jets went over and a little private part of me thought, Oh man, there’s some sort of invasion going on, and then when I thought about it later, it was actually quite funny because I thought it was Remembrance Day. It really wasn’t a crate, more like a box I guess. The sort of thing they make you sit on in those trendy cafes where they think it’s uncool to have backrests and people look really happy about it. Anyway, there was one out in the street, so I decided to sit in it, and I was looking down at the grass where there were some ants just mucking around and that’s when these jets went screaming across the sky and I freaked out. Well, the jets were probably already well past where I was. I just heard them, because I’d have guessed they broke the sound barrier. Later that year I also wrote some songs.

No comments: